To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, a representive from the Business Office will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to 951-688-7566, attention Pre-Registration.
A Pre-op Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health history to expedite your admission process. They will review special instructions and answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call by 2:00 the day before your procedure, please contact a Pre-op nurse at 951-688-7270.
The insurance verifier will call you before your surgery to review any financial information prior to your procedure. If you have not recieved a call by 4:00 PM the day before your procedure call 951-688-7270 and speak to the insurance verifier.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Return to Top
Food and Drink
If you are arriving BEFORE noon:
Do not eat food or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. This will reduce the possibility of nausea and vomiting following anesthesia. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything. Refrain from the use of mints, chewing gum or cigaretees. Failure to follow these instructions may result in the cancellation of your surgery or procdures. EXCEPTION: Patients undergoing pain management treatment, do not eat or drink six hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
If you are arriving AFTER noon:
You may have clear non alcoholic liquids six (6) hours prior to your arrival time but avoid dairy products after midnight.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings. Often times dressings may be bulky so plan on loose fitting shorts or sweat pants. Button down shirts are easier than any shirt that pulls over your head. Wear comfortable shoes, no high heels or boots. Children can wear their favorite pajamas.
Please leave valuables at home.
Please do not take any medication after midnight unless instructed by your physician or our office. If you are diabetic, or on blood pressure, heart or stomach medication, obtain specific instructions from your physician or the nurse who contacts you from the center. Bring all of your prescriptions with you on the day of your surgery.
Shower or bathe prior to your surgery.
Return to Top
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: It is your responsibility to arrange in advance for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you the first 24 hours after surgery. You cannot drive yourself or be left alone if you have had general, sedation or spinal anesthesia. You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Business Office at 951-688-7270 as soon as possible.
Return to Top